"Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me."
Matthew 9:37

Thursday, August 13, 2009

In One Month

Almost exactly one month ago a desperately ill 13 year old boy asked Patty Anglin if she could help him.

Almost exactly one month ago Patty thought Alvin would die and prepared him to meet Jesus.

Almost exactly one month ago Patty cried in my living room for a precious little boy she didn't know if she could do anything to help.

Yesterday Alvin's dream came true when through Patty's tireless efforts combined with the partnering of many other individuals and organizations, and most importantly, a wonderful adoptive family, Alvin flew home to America.

This picture was taken by Patty almost one month ago.

And I took this one yesterday, as Alvin laid in the bed on the air ambulance right before he left.
Alvin's story is a true testimony of what can happen when the Body of Christ comes together in obedience to the Bible's many commands of caring for the suffering, the needy, and the orphaned. And while Alvin's life has been saved (provided he recovers in America), we are also changed by our obedience.

The internet was down last night and I am working on writing up a long post of Alvin's departure day, but I wanted to share this with you as soon as I could.

-Melodie (AOH Volunteer)